Guide to IRS Tax Forms - Tax Group Center

Don't Wait Any Longer, Get Tax Help Now!

Call (800) 264-1869 or Contact Us Online Today!

man working on tax forms, using computer and holding form in handHow much do you usually pay to file your taxes? Did you know that over 70% of Americans are eligible to file for free using downloadable IRS forms?

Unless you have a complex tax situation, you’re likely one of those individuals.

If you want to enjoy that benefit, though, you need to know exactly what IRS tax forms you need to fill out — and where to find them. Get more details below about the most common downloadable forms and how they can help you file your taxes at no cost!

IRS Form 1040

1040 forms for individual taxes are used to report income, expenses, and credits. On this form, you’ll report income from wages, unemployment, Social Security, capital gains, dividends, and pensions. What’s more, you’ll report any bonuses and severance pay on this form, too.

Most taxpayers will use the regular 1040 form, but there are other options depending on your specific circumstances. A 1040-SR, for instance, is used for taxpayers over 65. A 1040-NR is for nonresident aliens.

IRS Form 4506-T

Are you seeking out a home mortgage or financial aid for a secondary education? Do you need proof of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)? If so, you need a copy of your tax transcripts. To secure these documents, you’ll need to fill out IRS form 4506-T. On average, it will take about two to four weeks to process your request.

IRS Form 941

If you own a business and have employees, you have a legal obligation to fill out IRS Form 941 four times a year. This important form is used to report any income you’ve withheld from your employees throughout the year—including income taxes, Medicare, and Social Security.

Each quarter, you’ll report this figure to the IRS. Keep in mind that you’ll also be expected to send over the withholdings to the IRS. If you can’t pay all of your tax obligations at the time you submit your IRS Form 941, speak to either a tax expert or an IRS agent about your situation as soon as possible.

IRS 433 Forms

IRS 433 Forms help the agency get a better picture of your overall finances. You’ll want to fill out these forms if you’re struggling to meet your tax obligations. There are several types of 433 forms, including Form 433-A and IRS form 433-F. Use this guide to IRS Form 433 to learn more about these important forms.

IRS 1310 Form

Did your loved one recently pass away? While your situation is tragic, you’ll unfortunately still need to consider your loved one’s tax liability or potential refund. Fill out Form 1310 to claim a refund on behalf of your deceased loved one.

Innocent Spouse Form

Married couples may file their taxes jointly. One spouse often does the filing, but the tax liability is the responsibility of both parties. The bad news is that sometimes one spouse will fail to report income, make errors on tax returns, attempt to make improper deductions or credits, or outright neglect to file returns at all.

If you feel like your spouse’s actions are causing you an undue tax burden, then you might be eligible to file for innocent spouse relief with the IRS. By filling out Form 8857, you’re telling the IRS that you didn’t know about the errors. At times, the IRS will lift the tax burden from the innocent spouse.

IRS 8300 Form

Did you make any major cash payments? If those payments amounted to over $10,000, it’s essential to fill out IRS Form 8300. Use our IRS 8300 guide to ensure that you fill out everything accurately.

Do You Have More Questions About These IRS Forms?

The above IRS tax forms can help you file your taxes seamlessly. What’s more, you’ll have all the control in your own hands, so you won’t have to worry about someone else making a mistake while preparing or submitting your IRS forms.

Are you still not sure which forms you may or may not need to fill out? Would you prefer to enlist the help of an expert tax professional to help file your forms for you?

If you’d rather consult with a tax pro before you submit your taxes, we welcome you to reach out to our office. Our qualified team comprises tax attorneys, certified CPAs, CTEC certified tax consultants, and enrolled agents. Contact us directly to learn more about how we can help you solve all your tax problems this year and beyond.

Get Tax Form Help Today!

Call (800) 264-1869 or Contact Us Online Today!